Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Proposal Reviewing

I am supposed to be reviewing proposals by Masters and Doctoral students as a reviewer for a panel of graduate students. Despite of the fact that the proposals are all from the hard sciences, I am finding the process deeply rewarding, albeit momentarily punched with instances of sheer boredom. And there are a couple of proposals that are playing the truant. Well, to be truthful, its not really their fault. These proposals are entrenched in big fat genetic engineering jargon, which sees me looking at the proposal with a murderous look in my eye (when I'd rather be playing on Twitter). Because I don't understand what they are proposing in their study, I am unable to provide correct feedback, which is a pity for those students.

I have to submit these proposals by the end of this week. With 6 proposals to review, I'm keeping up a pace of 2 per day. This is great experience for when I will write my own proposal and submit it for a grant. I'm looking at it as a process of learning, but I cannot stop wishing for it to all get magically done.

No comments:

Post a Comment